Your Ticket to Travel. Discover Florence, Tuscany, Italy & Europe
Hiking and Wine TastingAvailability good
The Chianti region runs between Florence and Siena and is characterized by its beautiful landscapes of rolling hills, lush greenery, cypress trees, medieval hamlets, churches, villas, vineyards and olive groves. Grapes have been grown in this leading wine region since the 8th century B.C. and in the 14th century wines began to be produced under the name Chianti. Many current growers can claim the history of their production back to this time.
However, it wasn’t until 1932 that Chianti was officially known as a wine region. The wine, which is predominately made with sangiovese grapes, is ruby red in color, and as it ages develops garnet hues, with a harmonious, dry and full flavor which is slightly tannic. The perfume is intense with notes of dark fruits and violets.
Take the opportunity to join us on easy hike through the country-side and vineyards of Chianti enjoying the picture perfect views that have made Chianti famous and after the walk, visit the Sassolini Family Villa and enjoy typical Tuscan specialties for lunch along with a tasting session of their fantastic locally produced wines.
Tour runs every Saturday.
• Round trip transport by bus
• Lunch (various appetizers, 2 types of pasta, dessert)
• Wine tasting - 2 reds, dessert wine and grappa
• FlorenceForFun Chianti information pamphlet
• FlorenceForFun tour leader
Note: As lunch is included please inform us of any food allergies or specific requirements that you may have. Including but not limited to; vegetarian, gluten free/celiac, allergic to nuts, lactose intolerant.
As physical activity is involved, please consult with the FlorenceForFun staff if you have any injuries or concerns about your ability to participate.
• Please wear sensible shoes for walking. You will be walking on side-walks and dirt trails.
• We will be traveling by public transport so you must be able to carry your belongings for the day.
• Check the weather before departure and dress appropriately.
• In the summer months we recommend that you bring a hat and sunscreen.
• You have the option to buy the Sassolini wines direct from the cellar door. Note that for the moment these sales are CASH ONLY.
FlorenceForFun officeVia Ghibellina 131/red, Florence
Opening hours: Monday to Friday
between 12:00pm and 6:00pm.
Phone: (+39) 055 283 759
Cell: (+39) 328 7290848
Fax:(+39) 055 283 759
Facebook Page: FlorenceForFun